When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The PMO Program Lead will assist in the adherence and definition of standards for project management and process within the Digital Technologies Delivery (DTD) group. This person will support the successful delivery of programs undertaken by DTD through effective facilitation, communication, tracking, reporting, and resource and demand planning. The PMO Program Lead will leverage data and analytics from an enterprise tool to help identify gaps and then create the proper mechanisms to drive the desired results.
- Ensure project milestones and targets are met by actively managing projects on a weekly basis through appropriate resource, issue, and risk management
- Preparing metrics reports and leading recurring project reviews for executive management
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation.
- Identify, monitor and report on critical benchmark metrics for department performance
- Mentor, manage, document performance of and coordinate training for IT Project Managers.
- Ensure appropriate tools and techniques are available and employed by the project teams to enable them to meet their assigned objectives successfully
- Ensure compliance with Project Management Framework and corporate processes to execute projects in accordance with all deliverables and stage gate reviews
- Utilize and administer PPM to ensure the proper tracking of project activities ensuring that project status is evergreen.
- Comply with company’s Global IT Policies & Procedures
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Maintain extensive knowledge and expertise in project management disciplines, as well as multiple business processes and/or technical areas
- Work with other Thermo Fisher team members to spread project management standards, disciplines and rigor
- Cultivate collaborative working relationships across project leadership, key stakeholders, business leaders and project management team(s).
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Business Discipline
- Equivalent work experience acceptable in lieu of degree
- PMP certification or equivalent a plus
- 10+ years of related experience managing projects in various industries
- Strong familiarity with project management standards and methodologies including PMI Body of Knowledge
- Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to understand the final result and to translate that result into actionable steps
- Proven ability to lead a matrixed team of professionals to complete projects on time
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience
- Advanced knowledge in creating and maintaining management level and detailed project plans utilizing Microsoft products
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in running large complex projects
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.