Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 57,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13 countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab Vision.
The Regional Product Manager (remote: West Coast) has responsibility for executing regional marketing strategy, campaign execution and demand generation for the Anatomical Pathology Division. This role will be regionally focused, and will be the key interface to represent sales and marketing needs with divisional and global Marketing. This position will develop and drive marketing programs resulting in measurable impact on demand, leads, revenue and market share gains. Partnering with the Commercial organization, the Regional Product Manager will provide direct marketing, web, events and training support. This role will also provide regional marketing perspective on market dynamics, competitive opportunities, customer requirements and sales force pipeline needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and align with Commercial Marketing Managers to develop annual marketing strategy and plans to achieve revenue and profitability targets.
- Execute regional marketing programs targeting segments that drive demand generation, pipeline health and new contacts in these segments.
- Work with Commercial Marketing Managers, the Sales Region and the global teams on developing go-to-market strategy for new product launches (NPIs) to achieve revenue goals and market adoption.
- Implement digital-based nurturing programs and telemarketing campaigns targeted at APD’s install base as well as cold or unqualified leads to strengthen the pipeline.
- Drive ROI performance for key marketing programs and product launches.
- Provide quarterly market and competitive updates pertaining to technology trends, new products, compelling applications or adjacent market opportunities.
- Develop regional relationships with key opinion leaders that can provide testimonials or endorsement for Thermo Scientific solutions to trade publication editors and journalists.
- Conduct regional VOC directly or in collaboration with APD’s global marketing team to assess the impact of product positioning, brand equity, customer satisfaction and marketing effectiveness.
- Share best practices, effective regional strategies and high ROI campaign approaches with the global and regional marketing teams around the world.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or Chemistry; MS, or MBA highly desirable.
- min. 5 years marketing experience with solid scientific technology and market knowledge
- Significant knowledge and experience with anatomical pathology or related instrumentation and consumables
- Proven experience and capabilities in regional strategy development and execution
- Demonstrated results driving targeted campaign initiatives utilizing web, search, social media, advertising and events channels
- Highly self-motivated leader with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Able to travel up to 50%
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Capacity to develop a strategic understanding of the Thermo Scientific brand, the life sciences industry, analytical instrumentation, consumables and software.
- Ability to improve marketing ROI and directly impact revenue.
- Excellent strategic thinker with solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to plan, execute and measure with a strong sense of urgency to drive results.
- Collaborative approach to developing and sharing strategy, tactics and analytics.
- Demonstrates Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.