Job Title: Sales Representative, Chromatography (this is a fixed term contract to cover a maternity leave)
Reports To: Northern UK/Ireland Chrom. Sales Manager
Career Band: Professional Band 6
Location: Hemel Hempstead (Field Based)
Ensure delivery of targets by selling Chromatography instruments to both the private and public sectors within the defined geographical area of the United Kingdom.
This position services Manchester, Liverpool and surrounding UK region. Interface with all members of sales, support and service groups within Chromatography & in addition support cross-selling activities with other CMD sales & Thermo Fisher divisions.
- Responsible for identifying prospective buyers of Thermo Scientific Chromatography products and services within the defined geographical region. This activity will require a high level of business development seeking out new accounts within your defined territory as well as servicing of existing accounts.
- Expands market share for Thermo Fisher Scientific chromatography instruments in the region, with a focus on HPLC, IC, GC, GCMS, LCMS and sample preparation products.
- To negotiate contracts and close orders with end users and purchasing departments and supports all procurement processes.
- Maintain and regularly enter accurate and complete customer data and sales project information into the company sales database (SFDC).
- Provide accurate timely monthly sales forecasts to sales management
- Be able to clearly identify and interpret customer’s requirements, shape and align their requirements to Thermo Fisher Scientific capabilities and apply Thermo Fisher Scientific solutions to the customer’s needs and effectively communicate these to customers.
- Exchange Account Information and Sales Leads within and across Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial divisions
- Attend and support through technical and business presentations, when required, UK trade shows, user meetings, customer seminars and other customer events.
- When required, assist in the yearly planning of the future financial performance of the Company by providing insight into the prospects for growth in your own territory.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with your immediate colleagues in the Thermo Fisher Scientific Sales and Service groups as well as with other Thermo Fisher Scientific colleagues to ensure at all times a high level of customer satisfaction with our products and services.
- Consistently achieve or exceed order bookings objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
Education and Experience
- Degree level qualification in a scientific discipline preferably Chemistry
- Relevant experience in a sales or marketing environment be it capital analytical equipment sales/marketing or a consumables environment. Alternatively a candidate with no sales experience but someone with a strong commercial awareness and a good knowledge of Chromatography would be considered.
- A broad familiarity of the following industries: Pharmaceutical, CRO, Environmental, Food/Flavors, Clinical, Toxicology, Forensics, and Chemical Industry.
- Ability to identify new target accounts each year and be able to develop and execute territory plans.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Motivation and desire to be successful with a “can do” approach
- Ability to learn and assimilate new information
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Personable phone manner
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Must be a team player with ability to interface across internal and external complex matrix organizations
- The position requires the ability to travel within your defined geographical area and on occasions to facilities across Europe
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Minimum of a Degree level qualification in a scientific discipline preferably Chemistry
- The ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- A good level of interpersonal, motivational and organisational skills
- Must reside within assigned Territory
- Ability to travel
- Hold a valid UK Driving license