A minimum of 8 years of experience in US patent prosecution and IP legal practice is required. Experience in European patent practice, patent portfolio development, and licensing is highly desirable.
Other Required Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to write clear patent applications, amendments, legal and business documents.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently prosecute patent applications while maintaining strategic focus of original filing.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and interpersonal, a collaborative instinct, and a high level of initiative
- Strong analytical skills particularly with regard to patentability and patent freedom-to-operate issues.
- Ability to review and analyze internal and external patent assets for a variety of use cases, including acquisition, divestiture and defensive purposes.
- Technical competence in one or more of the following fields: Microbiology, Cellular Biology, or Mass Spectrometry. A sound understanding of the operation of complex laboratory analysis instrumentation is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new scientific and technological fields relevant to Thermo Fisher product offerings.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- MS or higher degree in microbiology, cell biology, biochemistry or related discipline.
- JD in law, licensed to practice in at least one US jurisdiction for at least 5 years.
- Registered as patent attorney at USPTO at least 8 years.