The Business Analyst II is responsible for designing and architecting features and functionality of Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ portfolio of large-scale e-commerce websites. Key areas of focus include business analysis and project management responsibilities under the direction of other BAs, PMs and Management. In this role, a BA II will meet directly with business stakeholders, vendors, and project team members to solicit input, define solutions, create project plans, test solutions.
- Requirements definition and documentation
- Work with customers and client stakeholders to understand and define business requirements
- Work directly with technologists to develop use cases and functional specifications documents.
- Solicit, gather, and analyze, user input and requirements
- Identify and involve key stakeholders
- Identify and interview internal/external subject matter experts
- Author and compile surveys
- Interface with technical managers and teams
- Collaborate with counterparts in IT (project, development, QA managers) and development resources to create and validate business requirements and project specification documents
- Experience with large scale web projects (ideally involving the creation and launch of major e-commerce B2B websites) a plus
- Experience in cognitive design, information architecture and user-centered design a plus
- Bachelors degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Design, or similar field of study, is a plus
- Experience working with creative and technical project teams
- Experience working with software tools like Hybris PIM and Adobe CQ5 CMS are a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, SharePoint as well as other project management and time tracking tools
- Experience soliciting, gathering, analyzing, user input and requirements
- Experience authoring requirements definition and related documentation
- Experience collaborating with technical project managers and teams to execute project implementations
- Travel requirements to other Thermo Fisher locations are 15% – 20%.