• Pulls and shelves stock containers used in daily shipping list fulfillment.
• Packages and/or reviews outgoing shipments sent via local/national/international courier.
• As required for compound handling, may interact with the Drug Information System (DIS) database to perform simple queries, basic updates, generation of labels, generation of reports, and other data processing tasks. Perform any updates to compounds requiring GHS/OSHA labels for in stock samples.
• Performs physical receipt and handling of new inventory samples at temperatures ranging from ambient to -80C.
• Performs inventory procedures on items stored at the Repository. Processing includes data entry, labeling, and shelving samples. Performs physical inventories on existing samples as needed including comparison against the database, relabeling, organizational, and storage location changes.
• Properly maintains the compound storage areas to ensure cleanliness and organization. This includes daily cleaning of work areas and periodic cleaning of floors and straightening of common work areas. Assists in inventory/facility monitoring and site upgrades as needed.
• Provides occasional backup coverage for compound weighing/order processing functions on an as needed basis.
• Must adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and facility safety guidelines in the performance of all tasks. This includes performing initial quality checks on procedures as they are performed. Provides input to potential changes in SOPs when noting deficiencies in existing procedures.
• Participates in practical process improvement (PPI) activities.
• Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Basic Minimum Qualifications: The qualifications listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each essential duty.
• Requires ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form.
• Requires ability to prepare reports using Excel; knowledge of Windows, Word and Access.
• Requires knowledge of chemical hygiene, hazard communication, general laboratory and quality assurance/control.
• DOT Hazardous Materials shipping training and IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations certification to be obtained and/or maintained.
• Ability to take part in minor chemical spill clean-up efforts to include use of full-face respirator.
• May need the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
• Requires ability to role model behavior consistent with company values.
• Requires demonstration of strong logic and problem‐solving skills.
• Must be self‐driven; able to function and complete tasks without continual oversight and direction from Management.
• Must have high level of integrity and reliability, as database and inventory management are key aspects of the position
• High School Diploma and 2+ years work experience with data entry, shipping/receiving, sample management or a Degree in Physical/Life Sciences.
• Previous laboratory experience and Physical/Life Science degree is preferred.
0800 - 1630 core hours; no overtime.
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Ability to work in chemical warehouse environment with strong odor.
• Ability to work in a cold environment with exposure to dry ice, hazardous materials, marked changes in temperature.
• May work from a platform ladder.
• Must use personal protective equipment and adhere to safety protocols.
• Must be able to wear nitrile gloves up to 8 hours per day.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work standing up to 8 hours per day.
• Must be able to work in walk‐in freezers or refrigerators periodically for up to 5 hour per day.
• Must be able to use a computer up to 6 hours per day.
• Must be able to wear a full-face respirator for 2 hours at a time.