When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing, the Associate Product Line Manager (PLM) is responsible for the commercial support of process monitoring products for the EPM business. Key responsibilities include driving the PM product lines through the active and end of life stages of the product life cycle providing cross-functional support to resolve product, quality, and manufacturing and customer challenges. The Associate PLM works closely with the Global Product Line Managers for Flow Computers, Level & Density Gauges, and Process Analyzers product lines, in addition to operational and service support functions to address the commercial issues associated with the performance, maintenance and advancement of the product lines.
- Support the Global PM Product Line Managers in:
- Driving the daily business requirements and achievement of annual targets.
- Achieving product line revenue targets through the resolution of internal and external barriers such as order fulfillment, quality control, and sustaining engineering.
- Meeting product line profitability targets by managing product line cost structure and achieving annual price targets.
- Addressing end user application concerns or problems in conjunction with customer facing service and support functions.
- Championing sustaining engineering activities to address critical product line quality and/or customer issues for locally manufactured products.
- Actively visiting customers with Sales team on behalf of Global PLM team.
- Other NPI and growth projects as determined annually by the Global PLM team.
- Leverage current and historic product line performance (KPIs) to drive growth actions for active products in underperforming regions or applications.
- Responsible for providing SIOP, Bookings & Revenue Forecasting and Product Vitality details for all PM products.
- Align product line promotional, sustaining & commercial activities to achieve sales bookings forecasts (SIOP) and annual targets.
- Interfacing with the MarCom team to increase product visibility, content and lead generation via news releases, application notes, technical articles, conference presentations, webinars and promotional activities. Provide input for literature, advertisements, and other marketing components. Participate in trade shows.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- BS/BA in marketing, engineering or science discipline required. Advanced degree (MBA) preferred.
- 2+ years’ previous product management/marketing or similar role with a proven track record of achieving business targets and aggressive growth
- Excellent presentation & writing skills
- 25% International and Domestic Travel
- Knowledge in industrial instruments and equipment in relative industries, well understanding of the work flow in relative manufacturing process.
- Demonstrated experience completing voice of customer and applying learning’s to drive business growth.
- Proven record of cross-functional team collaboration, passion for a career in product management and ability to drive projects to successful completion and impact overall growth
- Strong written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Customer-centric mindset with experience in customer facing interactions
- Ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution. Commitment to continuous learning
- Flexible and able to adapt to rapid change
- Demonstrated Role Model Leader Characteristics:
- Embody the 4-I values
- Delight customers
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Focus on growth
- Champion employee development
This position does not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.
*IND - AIG