When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As a Market Segment Manager, you will be responsible for developing the go-to-market strategy for a portfolio of life science reagents in coordination with the Laboratory Chemical Products business unit leadership and specifically the commercial team, in order to develop productivity and growth initiatives to drive revenue in line with company AOP. In this role, you will identify strategic and tactical opportunities and implement growth initiatives based on customer requirements, market trends and environmental landscape. General responsibilities will include defining, developing and executing regional strategy, brand management, financial forecasting, and pricing strategies.
- Market Intelligence: Conduct intelligence reports, financial analysis, competitive research, customer insight programs, and monitor media and events to gain a strong understanding of the current and future trends related to organic reagents
- Portfolio Strategy: Develop a 1-5 year vision for the life science reagents product portfolio to appeal to the customer segments and develop a strategy for new products and services, as well as portfolio management, pricing initiatives, and SKU rationalization to achieve AOP targets for the organic reagents portfolio
- Product Management: influence product management team and work with global operations, sourcing, quality and finance to drive growth and profitability targets
- Campaign Management: Working with an assigned market development specialist create marketing, training and sales campaigns that gain engagement from the market as well as traction with the sales channels in order to deliver portfolio sales goals
- Project Management: Develop and manage a rolling 18-24 month project roadmap in line with Product Management, Sales Channels, Commercial and Finance
- Thought Leadership: Working with the market development team develop your profile as a thought leader by engaging the market through white papers, conference talks, posters, blogs, forum interaction and community education pieces
- Budget: Manage departmental budgets against annual targets
- Global Alignment: Engage and align APAC Product Managers, Regional Marketing Specialists, Country Sales Managers and IDIR’s improve operational excellence
- Direct Management: Manage the performance and development of the product management team via reviews and training programs
- Matrix Management: Establish, communicates and trains on ways of working with all global functions that support the organic reagents product management team
- Process Improvement: Embrace and participate in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business
- BSc in biology, biochemistry or other life science discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant marketing or sales experience in life science and/or biotechnology sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently to take initiative and exercise astute business judgment to drive performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to gain consensus and facilitate decision-making processes within a matrix environment.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw actionable conclusions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills, especially MS Excel, Word, and PPT.
- Ability to interact with and effectively influence different personalities and cultural/divisional perspectives to achieve consensus.
- Willing and able to travel approximately 30-40%.
- Advanced degree, MBA or PhD.
- Strategic marketing experience strongly preferred.
- Previous product management experience.
- Experience in quality requirements in industrial and applied markets.
- Experience in selling or marketing to both direct and distributor/agent channels.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.