When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
BioSciences Account Manager- Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
A field sales-based position requiring an advanced level of technical aptitude. Manage sales processes in assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans. Understand and use product features, benefits and applications along with selling and business-building skills to successfully promote and complete the sale of products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan. Serve as a driver of business development at assigned major customer call points to penetrate and grow current and new business.
- Consistently achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by maintaining existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts, and conducting cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Demonstrated use of selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating a value proposition and closing. Has proven Strategic Selling skills.
- Participate in sales training programs as presented by the company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with the Thermo Fisher philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Call on all organizational levels and functional areas, using Strategic Selling techniques within assigned account which influence purchasing decisions.
- Develop, write, and execute a business plan for managing assigned territory annually, updated quarterly.
- Develop presentations and customer proposals for such things as supply agreements, supply contracts and preferred vendor agreements with assistance from DM, Marketing and/or Technical Sales Specialist
- Host and assist product shows either at assigned accounts or locally on a routine basis.
- Provide regular oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
- Field travel as necessary (approx. 4-5 days per week).
- Expectation for industrial and academic accounts requires approximately 12 consultative calls per day with 5 field days per week (consult with DM for further detail).
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
Requires 3-5 years direct bioscience sales experience. Knowledge of Cell /Molecular Biology and Genomics is preferred . Experience with customer contact, teaching or public speaking helpful. Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or like programs helpful.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.