When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This position will work with the R&D team to research, design and develop new products and provide engineering support to sales, service, manufacturing, and Engineering. These tasks include project specifications and design documentation as needed. Preferred candidate will have the education, experience, and desire to assist the company to maintain market position and to expand into future markets.
- Perform product development in areas of process monitoring systems such as process analyzers, flow computers, and/or process density/level gauges etc.
- Design physical experiments in support of new product development and upgrades.
- Prepare reports on research and development efforts for internal use, and idea submissions and papers for the purpose of obtaining patents.
- Provide engineering support for field trials and BETA product testing.
- Provide engineering support for existing product lines.
- Assist other engineers to resolve technical issues.
- Interface with customers, sales and marketing to discuss new applications and technologies.
- Advanced degree (Master preferred) in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-7 years’ work experience.
- Experience in Solidworks is required.
- Experience in designing, implementing and testing prototype components.
- Experience in hazardous location equipment.
- Experience working with manufacturing and outside suppliers for executing work scope and production of components.
- Analysis background with ANSYS, COSMOS, and/or other simulation tools.
- Experience in the design of experiment (DOE) and instrumentation.
- Knowledge in communication equipment and protocol preferred.
- Have strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines effectively.
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills.
- Work with other engineers effectively as a team player to complete assigned projects on time and on budget.
- Excellent oral & written English communication skills.
- 10% travel (domestic & international).
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- U.S. citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- This position may involve access to technology and/or software whose export is controlled by regulations of the U.S. government.
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.