With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, we enablecustomers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthroughdiscoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design,manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopyworkflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometerscales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and lightmicroscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences,electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 3200+employees is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution toglobal challenges.
Check out these videos!
>Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
>How to make a microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
>The installation of a Talos at the University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
>The world needs answer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
At our site in Eindhoven we develop and produce our high end TransmissionMicroscopes. It takes a year to get our high end systems build and testedbefore we can ship our tools to our customers. Most of these tools are customerordered non standard requests. In this role as NPI planner you will be part ofour planning team that consists of 12 employees. This team is divided into Systemsand Modules (manufacturing) and a New product introduction planning team. OurLogistics department employs approximately pro 55 people in total. The NPIplanning team operates project oriented. This means the NPI planner takes careof the supply chain planning of new developments from proto to production phase.An NPI planner works on average on 4-5 projects. 2 of these are bigger projectswith exposure and 3 smaller module projects. You will manage the completesupply chain planning from R&D phase to coop with external suppliers andchange management engineering. This role will have a broad visibility in ourorganization and works with stakeholders on all levels within our internal andexternal organization. You will be a spider in the web between our R&D and manufacturingfacility. The challenge is to managelowest costs with the highest efficiency and highest service level. It’s a complexsupply chain planning and process. As an NPI planner you’ll need to workstructured and thorough to get our supply chain arranged. Nevertheless it canbe challenging due to the fast and highly dynamic environment since weprototype on already existing manufacturing platforms, with complex nonstandard requests.
- Represent logistics operation within the R&D development projects
- Ensure parts availability for assigned projects or locations( based on assigned project/ proto)
- Set individual parts stocking strategies to ensure FEI part availability commitments
- Take part in the R&D Projects to ensure Bill of materials that are created are set up so they can be executed in a production environment.
- Monthly report out on progress on projects
- Notify stakeholders of projects of potential supply chain risks
- Project management consisting of problem-analysis, solution design, implementation, communication and training
- Hands on implementation of improvements and changes,
- Advise logistics management on leverage points for improvements and other issues
- Training of the other logistic employees with regard to logistics improvements and new products.
- Work with Engineering and R&D during phase in/out for products to minimize scrap
- Implement changes on proto products into QAD and follow up on communication with supplier
- Implementation of inventory control and forecasting techniques in order to reduce inventory and transportation costs
- Typically requires a Bachelor degree and 2-8 years of experience, or a combination of education, training and experience that demonstrate the required skills practical
- Practical approach and can think in processes.
- Open minded, hands-on, analytical and results driven
- Strong working knowledge of IT systems (ERP, CRM) is required
- Familiarity with international shipment rules and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required as this position works with cross functional teams and external vendors alike