When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Unity Lab Services (ULS), a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides integrated solutions, instrument, and enterprise services to our customers.
- Follow well defined procedures as outlined by the ULS Implementation Project Manager Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions.
- Independently makes decisions and uses available resources to meet customer requirements.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher data and needs to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Ensures site staff is fully trained and knowledgeable on applications and can operate independently
- SOP/Document prep specifically for site staff to detail the daily transactions and basics of how to navigate
- Assists in training, which may include on-site RIMS training depending on formal training schedule, customer/rep scanner training and web/RIMS training sessions or train the trainer; may also include Maximo training for asset management engagements
- Engage in physical inventories including assisting with material put-aways and counts and system reconciliation and baseline report as well as asset cycle counts
- Post implementation support may include remaining on-site during 1st week of go live to assist with systems to ensure site technicians, site managers are fully knowledgeable and comfortable with all systems; assures that system operation is solid before withdrawing from engagement. Monitor applications to assure procedures are being followed.
- Provides Auditing and remediation support when necessary to existing site engagements that may be making significant operational changes or that may be experiencing complex problems
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
Job-Specific Duties may include:
- Inventory Management – implement and perform:
- Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
- Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
- Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
- Deliver direct shipment orders to end users.
- Sourcing/Order Management – implement and perform:
- Perform order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders.
- Facilitate vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys.
- Chemical Management – implement and perform:
- Receive, register and track all chemical containers throughout the facility.
- Perform routine audits of chemical inventory database.
- Provide chemical inventory reports upon request.
- Distribute chemicals throughout facility and upon request.
- Follow all safety guidelines related to the handling and movement of chemical containers.
- Perform autoclaving/sterilization of liquid materials as required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values
- Must possess a High School Diploma/GED
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred; experience in GLP/GMP environment preferred
- Three to five years of progressive relevant experience preferred
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time locally and overnight.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance
Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.