This position will analyze, design and develop, test and document application solutions. The Sr. Programmer Analyst will also have a
significant role in the technical development and maintenance of a wide range of client technologies.
This position works independently and at times will lead related initiatives on iSeries / AS400, as well as with integrations to the eCommerce
environment. This role collaborates with internal customers as well as the corporate eCommerce team and Marketing Department.
- Understands and complies with all IT policies, especially with regards to security matters.
- Designs, programs, tests, implements, documents and maintains computing applications.
- Writes specification for programs of moderate to high complexity.
- Maintains systems and software to create SDS and Certificates of Analysis.
- Implements and monitor data feeds to global sites including ODB (Product attribution database on AS400).
- Supports development and maintenance of E-Commerce customer price files and SD files.
- Assists with integration of websites with back-end systems, including databases.
- Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code and technical documentation.
- Identifies and resolves programming or application architecture problems.
- Recommends network, server, AS400/iSeries and related equipment and software upgrades and improvements
- Analyzes business application requirements and develops specifications for e-commerce and marketing applications.
- Formulates and defines objectives and scope of business systems.
- Remains abreast of industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
Provides Helpdesk support when necessary.
Acquires and utilizes basic WebSmart development skills.
Responds to off hours call to support of Website and systems.
Other projects as assigned by the Department Manager.
- Observes all departmental and Quality System procedures and work instructions.
- Supports Thermo Fisher Scientific’s commitment for continuous improvement by documenting process improvement
- opportunities thorough the Quality Systems
Environmental, Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Is knowledgeable in the understanding of all EH&S policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all job activities comply with any EH&S related rules and regulations that pertain to the department.
- Support the Company’s commitment for environmental health & safety by applying ISO 14001.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in programming and testing in AS400/iSeries and familiarity with web development.
- Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software.
- Proficiency in RPG III and IV, control language, DDS, query.
- Familiarity with WebSmart
- Data transfer to/from iSeries / AS/400 / PC.
- Familiarity with FTP, XML, SQL.
- Demonstrated experience to code following established program standards and conventions
- Experience working with and downloading 3rd party software.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively work with a variety of different levels of the organization.
- Ability to express technical terms to non-technical audience.
- Functional and technical analyst.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs.
- Innovative problem solver.
- Demonstrated project management and tracking experience.
- Ability to perform effectively with a minimum of supervision.
Skills/Experience Valued but not Required:
- Experience in effective Project Management standards a plus.