Product Specialist III
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently seeking a field based Technical Sales Specialist (TSS) for our Imaging Instruments product line to grow the High Content Imaging portfolio in the greater New York City area. The successful candidate will have the ability to prospect for new opportunities, build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and life science customers, position and sell relevant products across customer applications. The TSS manages the sale-cycle from introduction thorough purchase to deployment, requiring extensive coordination among various Company resources through the sales process.
- Communicates effectively, and is the ‘connector’ within the large matrix between customer, field application specialists, commercial sales team, product management, different sales teams, support, service, marketing, executive, and other salient groups to develop business.
- Maintain and increase current customer database through company customer relations management software.
- Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities.
- Provide comprehensive information on all activities to Direct Manager, Sales Representatives and District Managers in supported territories.
- Participate consistently and play an active positive role on regional calls and other operating mechanisms.
- Provide regularly oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
- Contact and return calls to research scientists and management contacts at all accounts for sales presentations, information through telephone, e-mail or personal visits daily.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in life sciences
- Technical skill and experience in imaging/microscopy required
- Experience with High Content Imaging technology is a Plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel and balance workload based on priority of assignments.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s license is required.
- Field travel as necessary (50% or more)
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- A collaborative, result-oriented individual.
- A team player, with a positive attitude, and commitment to the development.