APPLICATION SPECIALIST, ION CHROMATOGRAPHY AND TRACE ELEMENTAL (ICP) - BENELUX
In this position you will be a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division and will play a critical role in supporting our customers and sales teams with technical and application support for our Ion Chromatography and Trace Elemental instruments. You will be joining a team of five Application Specialists and will be reporting into our Sales Support Manager. This role encompasses both the pre-sales process and post-sales support and we expect you to be a product-focused applications expert working primarily ‘hands-on’ in a Thermo Fisher Scientific lab or at a customer site. Your day will be varied and includes duties such as, product demonstrations, sales calls, technical advice and training to sales colleagues, scientific events, and field marketing.
You will be joining a constantly growing and changing, global company. You should enjoy working both independently and in a team in a fast-paced environment and you should be used to working in a holistic and solution-orientated way. Our company culture is based on strong values and we aim to nurture and develop our employees.
- Actively participate in the Benelux Chromatography & Trace Elemental Analysis (TEA) sales support team, working together to achieve our goals.
- You will be responsible for managing your allocated application, demonstration and training requests ensuring timely, efficient and quality delivery to customers, which will require working closely with sales colleagues and other responsible colleagues within the CMD organisation.
- Close co-operation with other Thermo Fisher product lines is required to make best use of available resources and meet customer expectations.
- Provide high quality and effective pre- and post-sales support, by working closely with factory based product and vertical marketing teams, other product line, service and sales teams. When developing applications and performing customer demonstrations ensure that methods developed and best practices are shared with other members of the team and the responsible manager.
- Use SalesForce.com (SFDC) on a daily basis to track activities which must be linked to opportunities so as to develop comprehensive knowledge of prospects and customers and Thermo Fisher Scientific’s interactions with them.
- Ensure training activities are provided to the customer in a timely manner while focusing on customer satisfaction and on a continually improving customer relationship leading to future business opportunities. Personally responsible for the relationship with the customer.
- Participate in the development of training materials and programs in cooperation with sales, factory, service and marketing teams.
- You will be responsible for identifying personal training needs and ensuring that their capabilities and competencies meet the needs and requirements of the sales support team for the relevant product line.
- Since business needs are constantly evolving you must be responsive to, plan for and embrace change.
- Responsible to identify potential marketing and sales collateral by monitoring demos and apps projects and sharing such results with responsible manager.
- Communicate market intelligence and VOC information obtained during customer demonstrations and in the field to the responsible manager.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
- Relevant Education in Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar.
- Excellent relevant product line knowledge with several years’ hands-on product experience including with IT as well as Chromatography Data Systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English.
- Verbal and written communication skills in French are a pre.
- The ability to speak the “technical language” of the customer.
- Good self-organizational skills
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- A Driving License
- Customer service focus
- The ability to work according to own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets.
- With drive and the ability to be flexible.
IS THIS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. What story will you tell?
To apply, follow the link or go to our career site http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you have questions then please contact:
Application deadline: 31th May 2016