When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Portable Analytical Instruments, a business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the leader in handheld XRF, Raman, and Infrared devices that enable precise material identification and characterization across a wide variety of end markets. It is the product of three acquisitions over the past decade and brings together a product portfolio with leading market positions globally.
The Technical Support and Training Manager is responsible for managing and providing technical and customer service support for Portable Analytical Instrument’s handheld product line. Will also schedule end user technical training; coordinating contract trainers with the customer training needs. This is a customer facing position which will also require travel to customer’s facilities during escalations or customer visits. The person in this role must demonstrate a high degree of customer ownership and exemplary customer service and communication skills.
- Manage a team of technical support engineers and work cross functionally with the depot repair operation to ensure customer’s needs are being met. Provide Performance Review feedback and resolve any performance issues.
- Schedule customer end user training with a team of contract trainers ensuring customer and trainer’s schedules align. Continue to keep training level up to a quality level.
- Work with engineering on new product launches ensuring compliance, training and customer readiness to support new product launches.
- Act as a centralized liaison for customer escalations and customer communications into the headquarters for resolution.
- Utilize Case Management solutions to insure accurate tracking and monitoring.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing failure data and working with the quality team to ensure corrective actions are in place.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated high degree of customer service and care aptitude
- Strong technical or scientific aptitude with keen desire for learning and advancement
- A natural problem solver with tenacity, collaborative negotiation and strong resolve
- Strong cross functional skills, with the ability to create consensus and buy-in.
- 5-10 years prior experience managing a customer or technical support organization
- Job will require 25% travel
- Bachelor of Science, or equivalent work experience, in a business management, materials science, chemistry or related subject.
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.