When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is for a R&D Electrical Engineer in the Genetic Sciences Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific. It will entail working in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists to develop the next generation of Genetic Analysis instruments and platforms including DNA sequencers and qPCR systems.
- Develop and design mixed-signal, embedded, electronic hardware from concept generation and requirements gathering to manufacturing transfer.
- Review product design for compliance with customer requirements, company standards, regulatory standards, and related specifications.
- Design/layout printed circuit boards (PCBs).
- Debug, test, and characterize electrical circuits.
- Participate in hardware design reviews; both as presenter and reviewer.
- Design, perform, and document feasibility and verification tests.
- Provide support during feasibility, prototype, and manufacturing transfer phases
- Manage tasks according to project budget and schedule.
- Work to identify specific opportunities for technology, tools, and process improvement.
- Coordinate with and provide project status reports as required to the Project Technical Lead and/or Program Manager.
- BS in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Computer Engineering (BSCE)
- 3-5 years of hands-on industry experience with embedded electronic hardware design
- Skilled at analog, digital, hi-speed mixed-signal, electro-optic and electro-mechanical circuit design
- Skilled with microcontroller and programmable logic design including firmware and HDL development a plus
- Understanding of engineering design cycle from requirements development to manufacturing transfer.
- Experience using electronic SPICE modeling/simulation programs a plus
- Experience with Altium PCB Design Tools a plus
Additional Skills desired
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Proficient verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of production processes to ensure quality and robustness
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com