When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is designed to support Grand Island Manufacturing Operations for all Biosciences and BioProduction products through Production Planning. The production planner proactively monitors open orders across Salesforce.com and the E1 ERP system, are responsive in addressing material and manufacturing delays, and quickly address customer escalations, supporting a positive customer experience. The production planner is responsible for planning assigned materials to ensure global supply and custom order lead time, balancing the objectives of maximum product availability with strategic inventory plans. The Production Planner is solely responsible for planning the manufacture of a given product at the Grand Island production site and will also work closely with fellow planners/schedulers, customer service teams, procurement, manufacturing, and distribution team members in Grand Island. Activity will be synchronized with objectives as identified by the multiple work streams of the Media Network.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Determine the product mix and quantities to be produced based on interpretation of MRP and Salesforce.com records for both Make-to-Stock and Make-to-Order products.
- Generate and interpret E1 MRP messages and create work orders to support Make to Stock availability.
- Utilize Salesforce.com for Custom Media order visibility. Generate E1 work orders within agreed-upon SLA to communicate availability dates for a positive customer experience.
- Maintain work order date and quantity to signal material and document requirements to Procurement, Planners, Manufacturing, Distribution Replenishment Planning (DRP and) and Operations support teams .
- Maintain and monitor global inventory and adjust production plans to minimize expiry and obsolescence risk for assigned SKUs.
- Knowledge of supply chain programs (Campaigns, Rhythm Wheels, Advanced Supply Chain Planning, Finite Scheduling) and ability to manage project execution of these programs.
- Facilitate and manage routine production schedule meetings
- Monitor departmental email boxes for timely response to all global order status inquiries and orders submissions.
- Support new product introductions (as required).
- Perform daily backorder analysis and report updates; take appropriate action to mitigate backorder.
- Drive and participate in PPI process improvement: Just Do It, Kaizen and Projects.
- Effective use of Salesforce.com and E1; especially in regard to planning transactions, material inquiries, item master maintenance, and relevant reports and queries.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- BS degree in Business, Operations Management, Inventory/Materials Management preferred.
- 3+ years MRP production planning experience in Make to Stock and Make to Order environments.
- Enhanced computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint).
- Effective communication skills to build collaborative relationships with peers and leadership.
- Willingness to exercise independent judgment and action.
- Flexibility/control, adapt to changes, interruptions, disorders, repetition without losing efficiency or composure.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Excellent understanding of computerized tracking and record keeping systems.
- Proven understanding of the interrelationships between business functions: Materials, Accounting, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Engineering, Customer Support, and Marketing.
- Able to deal with difficult situations logically and maturely.
- Proven effective communications both oral and written.
- Demonstrates logical and creative problem solving techniques.
- Ability to develop and coordinate teams in and outside department boundaries.
- Preferred knowledge of Access, Visio, and other project tracking software.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com