The Senior Category Leader for Information Technology will develop and execute global category plans for the strategic sourcing of IT spend categories, which may include; software, hardware, IT professional services, and telecom.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Global Indirect Sourcing – IT & Telecom, this position serves a key strategic sourcing role for Information Technology at Thermo Fisher as part of the Global Sourcing group which provides sourcing strategy support at all levels of the organization, including division leaders, category leaders, and business level operational management. The group is responsible for Thermo Fisher’s global sourcing strategy, and execution. Its goal is to achieve multi-million dollar savings, create competitive advantages by achieving cost reductions related to materials and services spend, and make the organization an industry leader in sourcing strategies, processes, and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the lead for a cross- functional strategic sourcing team that includes representation from the internal customer, finance, and possibly the user community
- Manage supplier qualification, supplier selection, RFX process, contract development, implementation, compliance, and ongoing supply management processes
- Negotiate and manage contracts for IT spend categories
- Manage relationships with internal customers and external IT suppliers
- Create, implement, and manage the IT category sourcing strategy
- Leverage e-sourcing, spend visibility and contract management tools to drive incremental year-over-year cost savings
- Develop expertise in the areas of spend being managed and in strategic sourcing processes
- Provide external industry benchmarking to better assess strategy and solutions within IT
- A minimum of a 4-year undergraduate college degree preferred in the Business, Finance, and/or Technical field.
- Four to eight years of IT Procurement / Purchasing / Sourcing experience is required
- Experience with Microsoft based office software required.
- Experience with training diverse groups preferred.
- Experience with sourcing and contracting of Cloud / SaaS software / services preferred.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing process and practical application of the process to sourcing projects.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong computer technology skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Experience in process improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean, PPI, etc.) preferred.
- Must be able to work within all functions and levels of an organization.
- 10% global travel.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- A minimum of 4 years experience in Information Technology Sourcing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills needed.
- Ability to work independently while still meeting project deadlines and savings commitments.
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross functional teams
- Ability to balance projects, with a high degree of energy; as a member of project teams and the ability to drive projects to completion in a complex, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to interface across various levels (analysts, managers, directors, presidents), with multiple Thermo Fisher businesses both domestic and international.