This position will be supporting the incoming inspection of materials received from external vendors, as part of the material receiving process. This position will require the applicant to receive, inspect, and document all inspection results utilizing GMPs, established procedures and specifications.
This position interacts with the Logistics, Quality Assurance and Quality Control staff to enable the receipt, inspection and release of incoming materials. This position requires the performance of detailed inspection of materials, in a fast paced and evolving environment.
- Performs the inspections of incoming materials by evaluating materials against established specifications; by conducting visual and measurement tests.
- Follow established procedures for all inspection steps, including documenting all results utilizing GMPs and GDPs.
- Ability to read an inspection document, and follow all required instructions with minimal guidance.
- Initiate nonconformance reports for unacceptable materials, and report issues to the Supervisor.
- Document inspection results by completing batch records and logs; inputting data into quality database and in QAD.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; and notifying the Supervisor if repairs to equipment are needed.
- Evaluate procedures and processes for continuous process improvement.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with site and legal regulations.
- Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed, and on time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
- High School Diploma, or GED.
- 1 – 2 experience receiving materials in a cGMP facility, utilizing GMP and GDP documentation skills.
- 1 – 2 experience with dispositioning and receiving materials in QAD or similar system.
- 1 – 2 experience performing inspection or measurement of materials, against established procedures.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, in a fast paced and evolving environment while managing competing priorities.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Hazardous material exposure