The objective of the Finance Shared Services Initiative (FSSI) is to transform Thermo Fisher’s Finance Organization through centralizing select Transactional Activities into Regional Shared Service Centers and driving consistency and efficiency through implementation of enabling technologies. This role will be a key part of the transition team and will assist with managing and tracking the activities being transitioned to the Regional Shared Service Center. The position will be based out of our Costa Rica Shared Services Center and will have a joint reporting structure to the O2C Global Process Owner and the SSC O2C Sr Manager.
- Prepare SSC team members for their part in the knowledge transfer process. If new hires, ensure they have system access, workstations, phones, credit card and are prepared to travel as needed.
- Partner with O2C GPO and project team to coordinate and execute knowledge transfer sessions & activities on site and at SSC.
- Track progress of transition activities against Knowledge Transfer Plan. When training is onsite conduct daily wrap up meetings with trainers and trainees.
- Review and track progress of SOPs and ensure 100% completion on time, escalate any challenges early in the KT process. Focus on quality control and perform sample testing to ensure quality is up to standards.
- Generate weekly updates to report on the various O2C activities for PMO, to SSC leaders and to GPO.
- Responsible for helping develop, track and report daily go live metrics.
- Meet with stakeholders periodically to discuss results and update SLAs as needed
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Actively involved in process change management activities in order to ready the process for transition
- Serve as a liaison between the SSC and GPO as well as between the SSC and SMEs
- Support the stabilization of processes in the SSC post Go-Live
- Ability to manage up to 3 transitions simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills required to coordinate and manage multiple cross divisional work process and projects
- Possess critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills; ability to analyze data, tell a meaningful story, and implement solutions
- Solid written and verbal skills enabling effective communication with all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal, analytical thinking, and organizational skills
- Ability to operate independently and remain focused through change or uncertainty, and capable of handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Travel is estimated to be 30-40% during the project transition phase and consists of attending key project meetings and traveling to locations where activities are migrating from
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution or related years of experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Ability to travel
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.