When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Creation and maintenance of a detailed project plan incorporating all aspects related to the planning, definition, development, testing and release of functionality
- Oversee all aspects of project scope, schedule, risks and overall management to ensure and drive successful delivery of assigned projects.
- Responsible for managing and overseeing the operation of assigned projects, conducting requirements sessions, setting milestones, reviewing progress, reporting status, re-allocating resources, and resolving conflicts.
- Responsible for overall capital and operating expense project budget development and management for assigned projects.
- Articulate and negotiate consensus on project goals with DTD leadership to ensure on-time and within-budget deliverables
- Assure that project teams are managing communications, change management, and training
- May manage critical supplier and internal customer relationships
- Work with the PMO Team and Senior Leaders to help practice and spread project management standards, disciplines and rigor
- Leverage best practices in the use and integration of portfolio and project management methods and tools.
- Leverage industry best practices to plan, manage, monitor and report on all projects
- Project Tracking – ensure that all necessary project deliverables and phase gates are being met. This includes financial tracking and reporting
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- Bachelor's degree in project management, computer science, computer engineering, business/systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in a related field is a plus
- Minimum of 2+ years of IT Project Management or relevant experience
- Proven ability to lead small teams, manage project deliverables, and maintain client relationships
- Experience in managing project budgets, project plans, resource allocations, and priorities
- Basic understanding of Project Management methodologies
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- PMP Certification
- Six Sigma Experience/Certification