Job Title: Senior Software Engineer?xml:namespace prefix = "o" /
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
In this position, you will join a team developing automated semiconductor process equipment that delivers wafer-to-atomic information, enabling our customers to make timely decisions. By accelerating the information age, you will be helping make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
You will be responsible for automating a wafer dual beam microscope to the point where no human operator is needed. The work will involve programming of self-learning SW, adaptive behavior, tight control feedback loops, auto functions, and image recognition. You will learn about electron microscopy and apply your professional software engineering skills to make these incredible tools better.
· University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline.
· Typically requires 0-1 years’ experience for recent college grad, 2-9years for a level 2 engineer and 10+ years for a senior engineer. Compensation will be determined by years of experience and foundational skill set.
· Fluent in Visual Studio C++ on Windows platform, including difficult troubleshooting.
· Discipline, pride, and professionalism writing readable, documented, and tested code.
· Comfortable with large scale software development, source control management, agile, test-driven development, and bug tracking systems.
· 3+ years of experience with machine automation or robotics.
· Excellent interpersonal communications skills are required due to the high degree of interaction and collaboration across functional groups.
· Eligible for passport and able to travel.
· Experience with real time operating systems
· OpenCV and image recognition/processing experience
· MATLAB modeling and prototyping
· EtherCAT programming and troubleshooting
· Programming of soft motion controllers and PID motion tuning
· Experience with Image-to-motion real time feedback loops
· Embedded C++ Linux, ARM and FPGA programming
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.