Position Summary: Quality Assurance Specialist / Customer Complaint and Support
This position coordinates the customer complaint handling process, providing a key interface between Customer/Technical Services, complaint investigation teams, and customers. This position is responsible for the tracking & trending of customer complaints and the provision of complaint-associated data, charts and reports for management review.
- Owner of the customer complaint handling process, including logging complaints, initial response, assigning complaints to investigators, writing up investigations, and interfacing with the customer. Handling of inquiries may also be required.
- Responsible for the QA review of all customer complaints and requesting follow-up information/facts from Customer/Technical Services, Quality Specialists, Suppliers, or the Distributor as required.
- Actions or assists with customer quality documentation requests, quality agreements and questionnaire information.
- Participate on investigation teams as necessary
- Monitors the progress of complaint handling and investigation, and working with applicable individuals and departments to ensure complaint handling time requirements are met.
- Track and trend complaints and prepare complaint analysis reports, highlighting any adverse trends.
- Prepare and report complaint metrics and KPIs, including submission for Management Review.
- Initiate CAPA from complaints, including corrections, recommendations and complaint resolution.
- Ensure complaint-related policies, procedures and practices are in compliance with local, corporate and global quality & regulatory requirements, and meet the needs of our customers.
- Establish, deliver and maintain training materials for effective complaint handling, root cause analysis, CAPA initiation.
- Contribute to the continual quality & reliability improvement of Laboratory Chemicals products and services.
- Responsible for performing tasks to support the quality system and quality policy as directed by QA management.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience working within a QA department.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 requirements
- Experience working with complaint handling.
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis tools and techniques.
- Strong “people skills” to be able to deal with various personalities and levels within and outside of the organization. Experience working in or closely with Warehouse Operations, Quality Systems or other highly focused customer roles.
- Ability to work in a timeline driven environment
- Excellent communication skills both written & oral
- Excellent computer skills, particularly spreadsheets/graphical software tools (e.g. Excel)
- Ability to travel between sites in Tewksbury, MA and Ward Hill, MA as needed.