Responsible for working cross-functionally on the design, installation and support of the Thermo Fisher Scientific UnityTM Lab Services portfolio at a key global customer. The primary function of this position is to lead a single unified service team of approximately 50-100 individuals to deliver unmatched service delivery and value creation for the customer. Key to success is managing all senior stakeholder level service interactions and relationships between Thermo Fisher Scientific entities (corporate account team, managed services, and other corporate service groups as identified) and a global strategic biotechnology customer. The objective of this position is to lead, drive, manage and expand the total strategic service relationship and program, while presenting a single point of contact and unified executive strategy with progress and success metrics to the customer.
- Lead a cross functional and matrixed team of service professionals that work daily at multiple customer site(s). Ensure full delivery of the committed services scope of work. Lead / direct Governance reviews and ensure maximum value creation occurs, is recorded, and is used for the strategic development of a fully integrated service offering.
- Develop and execute an account contact and communications plan for the senior leadership team, client services team and sales team. Analyze strategic account needs and make business recommendations to ensure service program growth, expansion and program renewal.
- Proactively perform senior stakeholder-level customer reviews /surveys, and present findings to management / organizational team; track completion of agreed actions.
- Work with the Customer Experience Team to implement the CAS Relationship Survey, or client chosen survey, and report on trends, issues and recommended actions.
- Quantify all aspects of value creation for the customer through rigorous data collection and reporting. Ensure that reporting is presented in a comprehensive and integrated fashion using all tools/resources necessary.
- Manage all performance measurements to optimize the customer’s perceptions. Includes customer scorecard review, talent assessment, resolving variances, and distribution of customer metrics throughout the organization. Attend and participate in quarterly business reviews at client sites and necessary Governance meetings.
- Interact with various groups/divisions such as SID, CCG, and LED; and within them their service disciplines, such as Marketing, Implementation/Client Services, Sales, Consultants, MVS and direct services to create a unified account team approach.
- Develop goals and objectives along with an internal support plan to meet all Key/Strategic Customer performance expectations and requirements.
- Meet or exceed sales revenue, growth and profitability goals.
- Perform or assist with other duties as assigned or directed that help create company growth, such as the development of sales material for prospects and other creative endeavors.
- Adhere and manage to contractual commitments – ensure understanding and alignment between teams / accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field; Graduate level degree preferred.
- Proven track record with biotech and/or pharmaceutical national accounts managing products and/or services across national organization. Experience with negotiating, collaborating, selling and servicing global/national agreements.
- Experience working at a management level in a matrixed organizational structure.
- Strong organizational, time-management, and analysis skills are required, along with excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of organizational change management.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Previous experience in collaborating with competitors to deliver a unified solution to customers.
- Minimum of 8 years leading and managing people.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Possesses a competitive nature, a high degree of persistence with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to develop relationships and communicate at executive levels within globally branded/ globally located companies.
- Ability to assess strategic operational needs, identify strategies and implement solutions.
- Ability to manage deadlines accurately, effectively and efficiently.
- Capable of influencing peer group to deliver required changes.
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets, safety gloves, and safety glasses.
This position will be based on-site at a customer location in Thousand Oaks, CA or East Greenwich, RI, with up to 50% overnight travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
This position has not been approved for relocation.