Title: Sales Representative, Chromatography
Territory: San Jose, CA and nearby area
How will you make an impact?
With over 50,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition—accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity.
The sales representative is responsible for driving growth and revenue for our HPLC, Ion Chromatography, Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectroscopy, Sample Prep, and Discrete Analyzer products in the assigned territory
What will you do?
Working with customers, you will provide unique solutions that enable breakthrough discoveries, solve complex scientific challenges or meet routine testing needs. You'll have responsibility to drive revenue growth and overall customer satisfaction within one or across a variety of markets like academic, pharmaceutical/biopharma, food safety, environmental and clinical. Additionally you will:
• Drive engagement and develop strong relationships with key customers to enable clear delivery of the customer value proposition
• Create and implement consultative sales strategies consistent with long term sales and profitability objectives
• Prospect for new business and lead generation to continually build a strong sales pipeline
• Utilize tools like Salesforce.com to forecast and effectively manage accounts
• Partner with cross functional colleagues to actively identify product improvements and innovative customer solutions
How will you get here?
• You’ve earned at least a Bachelor’s degree; Chemistry or physical science major preferred.
• You’ve been spent more than 3 years in a lab developing solid working knowledge on a variety of instruments in a variety of applications
• You have a keen ability to listen and understand the needs of scientific customers and translate that into action.
• You’re a sales professional with at least 3 year of experience selling analytical instruments preferred.
• You have a proven track record of customer service, business development or strategic key account management.
• You excel in building and maintaining relationships, positively affecting business growth.
• You are a problem solver and utilize analytics to take action on sales opportunities.
• You are local to the San Jose, CA area and able to travel as necessary within the Bay Area territory.