When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Marketing Operations Specialist will provide support and drive continuous improvement for the Global Market Development teams within Protein & Cell Analysis (PCA) and Antibodies & Immunoassays (AIS) business units. This individual will drive activities that support budget management and metrics reporting. The Marketing Operations Specialist will be a key member of the PCA & AIS Global Market Development team and will contribute to the overall growth of the these product portfolios.
- Develop and maintain system for financial budget management including tracking, reconciliation, accruals, reporting and forecasting.
- Function as a liaison between the marketing teams within the Business Units and finance to ensure alignment on budgets and forecasts on a quarterly basis.
- Develop and maintain best practices for communicating with business unit partners in global market development and non-business unit partners such as finance, accounting, marketing communications and third party vendors.
- Support infrastructure and processes for the continuous improvement of budget management, including reviewing processes and participating in cross functional events. Drive testing to ensure new marketing processes and applications are delivering the benefits as promised in the plan.
- Support the process for developing and reporting key program metrics, in collaboration with finance, web analytics, digital marketing etc. to reconcile market program spend to the planned budget and report to division, as necessary.
- Serve as coordinator to collate and deliver monthly and quarterly team deliverables and shared with the division, regional teams and leadership.
- Partner with marketing teams to align on key performance indicators in alignment with divisional reporting monthly.
- Create reports and analyses on budget performance, forecasting accuracy and spend allocation quarterly and in preparation for annual planning.
- Work as a team member on special projects as needed.
- 2+ years of experience in an operational role supporting budget management, reporting and analyses.
- Exceptional communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills necessary.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working in a complex matrix environment
- Solid organization, analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills a must
- Must be able to interface with varied audiences and to work across multiple functional areas
- Able to learn quickly and work with virtual teams
- Ability and willingness to take on various assignments in a fast-paced organization
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, science, engineering or related degree.
- Travel up to 15%.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com