When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
We are looking for a manager of marketing analytics that sees beyond just reports, that drives insights, and helps organizations transform. He/she can intuit customer needs and is business-results-and-ROI obsessed. The manager is versed in industry-leading analytics strategies and is always looking for ways to improve performance digitally and offline.
As our Senior Manager of Marketing Analytics and Insights you will be responsible for both managing a team of analysts as well as rolling up your sleeves to produce reports and analysis. You will support our biosciences division, of five business units, which contributes over $2B in sales. Your data inputs will include systems from digital, loyalty, BI, CRM and ABM.
Thermo Fisher is a fast-moving company with continual acquisitions, contributing to some compromises in analytics. We need a leader that can help us rise above. We need a leader that can craft meaningful KPIs to guide us, look holistically across all touch points, experiment, and optimize. The journey will be taxing. You must be comfortable with flexing as needed as we develop and refine our models.
You must be curious and a critical thinker. The analytics field constantly changes
this search engine algorithm changes, or that social media approach evolves. Digital must be fascinating to you. And you must be a critical thinker, able to work with 80%-complete data. Is it a thrill to strip down old hypothesis and create new ones, then observe, test, and modify some more? And then when you have enough directional insights are you comfortable pushing forward and not getting stuck striving for perfection?
Finally, you must have solid business/customer sense. Ideally you’d have some experience outside of analytics as a digital marketer to gain helpful perspective. To get at true insights one must marry good data with good business sense. You will have partners to provide business details, but you will need to have the sense within to absorb the inputs, and generate the hypothesis.
This is a very exciting time, with a very exciting chapter ahead us. Strap on your seat belts and join us. Help us transform. Help change the game.
- Monthly and quarterly digital marketing business reviews providing actionable insights to improve performance over time
- Loyalty program reporting, analysis, and data feeds to enable targeted marketing and customer lifetime value growth activities
- Monthly reports across online and offline to help business units assess health
- Ongoing digital channel and site reports as well as ad hoc deep dives to help digital marketing managers optimize efforts
- Experiments to prove ROI of various marketing efforts
- Bachelors degree or above required
marketing related, mathematical or scientific
- Management experience required
- 10+ years experience in analytics required – most in digital, with some in BI and CRM
- A few years as a digital marketing manager a plus
- Adobe Analytics, Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager, Adobe Media Optimizer, RocketFuel, Adobe Social, Facebook Business Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Twitter Ads, Siebel, DemandBase, CrowdTwist, Optimizely, IBM Marketing Cloud, and Tableau experience a plus
- Design of experiments and statistics skills a plus
- B2B and life science experience a plus
- Experience working in a large corporation within a matrixed org structure a plus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com