Job ID :
US - South Carolina - Charleston|US - South Carolina - Remote / Field
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Sales Representative markets HPLC, Ion Chromatography and Gas Chromatography products in the Chromatography and Mass Spec division (CMD) to customers in the South Carolina, and SW Georgia region. In addition to selling the product line, this individual provides customer support and manages the territory/customers as a business with responsibility for profit and revenue growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has a consistent proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals and quotas.
- Identifies and interprets customers’ requirements, shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicates these to customers.
- Applies the division’s products to customers’ needs.
- Influences preparation and presents technical assistance, consultation and problem solving to customers as necessary and expedites orders.
- Serves as the focal point of the division’s contact with customers, a responsibility requiring a broad knowledge of the division and an attitude that is in tune with its goals.
- Functions as a business person, aware of and responsible to the conditions that affect the business. These conditions include knowledge of competition – their products, pricing, procedures and personnel; of customers – their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers.
- Is responsive to customers’ needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them. Serves as a channel of information to the division about customers, markets and competition. Receives guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the division.
- Utilizes divisional resources in the performance of all responsibilities.
Decision Making Authority:
- Responsible for discount administration in assigned territory.
- Arranges presentation schedule with customer base.
- Manages controllable expense budget within assigned territory.
- Has ultimate responsibility for account management in assigned territory.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS Degree in Chemistry/Physical Sciences, or equivalent required.
- 5+ years sales experience selling capital equipment, preferably in the analytical instrument market.
- Working knowledge of HPLC, Ion Chromatography and Gas Chromatography instrument business.
- Fluency with personal computers is required.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills.
- Accurate forecasting ability.