When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Genetic Analysis Systems Sales Representative is a field sales-based position responsible for achieving or exceeding the assigned territory sales plan for Applied Biosystems branded qPCR and Next Generation Sequencing equipment. The Genetic Analysis Systems Sales Representative will have strong technical acumen in the areas of qPCR and Next Generation Sequencing. The Genetic Analysis Systems Sales Representative will demonstrate technical credibility to effectively consult with customers to influence key decisions on technology and product choices. Strong business acumen is also required to build successful account and territory plans and translate territory strategy into business results. Required skills for this position include sales, technical familiarity with product lines, funnel management, and forecasting.
- Develop and manage to a business plan to meet or exceed business goals of the company and
- Effectively compete to win projects vs. competitors. Successfully position our solutions to
address performance, workflow and budget.
- Manage qPCR and Next Generation Sequencing install base and consumable utilization. Identify the applications,
reagents, assays, and protocols available and convert the business.
- Manage existing install base for consumable utilization. Target idle or underutilized
systems to drive successful adoption.
- Consistently and accurately manages sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline
management, and sales tracking through the use of Seibel system and other designated IT tools.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of genetic analysis markets, products, and buying
practices required to effectively compete in the assigned territory.
- Utilize product and application knowledge across the genetic analysis portfolio to
successfully conduct consultative and strategic selling presentations.
- Understand customer goals, priorities and challenges such that our solutions are best
positioned to address customer needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the
equivalent knowledge and experience.
- 3+ years sales experience in Life Science, with capital equipment experience preferred.
- Understanding of the procurement process.
- Ability to maneuver through the complex sales process of capital equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of qPCR and Next Generation Sequencing.
- Demonstrated technical ability to consult with customers on applications to maximize technology utilization and promote current advances in protocols, kits and capabilities.
- Commitment to rigorous territory planning, market knowledge, both accurate and timely forecasting.
- Successful experience working in a team environment.
- A Master’s or PhD degree is desirable.
- Previous experience selling capital equipment.
- Knowledge of accounts in territory.