- Take telephone orders, receive fax and e-mail orders and enter them onto JDE in an accurate and timely manner.
- Amend, cancel or otherwise maintain customer orders according to customer requirements or according to product availability.
- Relay any problems, delays or other issues relating to orders back to customers.
- Take telephone enquiries from customers relating to products and services and provide immediate answers where possible.
- In the event immediate answers are not available to customer enquiries, ensure full details are taken and passed on to the appropriate department.
- Feedback answers to customer enquiries from departments to customers as required and in a timely manner.
- Develop and manage customer relationships.
- Maintain communication links at all levels including liaising with the Customer Services Supervisor and with other departments.
- Ensure efficient and safe operation of visitor control systems.
- Ensure good standards of housekeeping and safety are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure IT systems within the customer services department are used for their intended purpose and not abused.
- To comply with the requirements of the EMS and act appropriately with regard to issues affecting impacts on the environment. Assist in achieving environmental objectives and targets.
- To comply & conform with the environmental and quality policy, procedures and with the requirements of the EMS & QMS and act appropriately with regard to issues affecting impacts on the environment and conforming to product requirements. Assist in achieving environmental and quality objectives and targets.
- To operate any equipment and conduct your day to duties according to current procedures and appropriate Health and Safety precautions.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing activities on site.
- To carry out any other duties within the employees skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Respond to and administrate incoming queries relating to complaints from internal or external customers, providing advice and information where appropriate.
- Ensure that an efficient, effective and quality customer service approach is applied to each complaint and its administration.
- Issue an acknowledgement to customers for all complaints received and logged.
- Initiate and follow up responses from both complainants and investigating management, including senior management.
- Keep complainant informed of progress with complaint as relevant.
- Undertake to assist with the development of the database and related complaints systems.
- To ensure a timely conclusion to the investigation from inception to completion.
- To assist, research, collate and draft reports as required by the management team.
- Maintain communication links at all levels including liaising with the Customer Services Manager, Quality Assurance Manager and other relevant personnel.
- Assist colleagues with any query relating to a complaint as required and in a timely manner.
NVQ in Customer Service or Business Administration or equivalent.
Experience in a commercial environment
Maths and English GCSE or equivalent.
Proficiency in use of I.T programmes (Advanced use of Microsoft Office)
Good telephone manner and verbal skills.
Excellent organisational skills
Accurate, attention to detail
Ability to build professional relationships
Ability to manage and prioritise heavy workload
A good communicator with strong interpersonal skills
Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
Decision making and problem solving skills.