• Manage and improve the month-end and quarter-end close and reporting process, prepare timely, accurate and complete monthly and quarterly financial accounts to fulfill local and corporate reporting requirements
• Review and prepare account reconciliations, journal entries, and variance analysis and ensure accounting activities are well supported and documented and audit ready.
• Maintain full ownership of the General ledger to ensure accuracy, consistency, and completeness.
• Develop and manage cost allocations to the Company’s businesses using Costa Rica Shared Service
• Complete other projects and ad hoc analyses as needed by the Corporate Senior Manager
• Prepare and present monthly, quarterly, and annual financial analysis, such as year over year variances, actual to budget/forecast, and trend for balance sheet and income statement accounts
• Track of the budget throughout the year
- Support the Manager of General Accounting to ensure all deliverables are successfully achieved including operational performance, people management, and adherence to compliance requirements
- CPA required[or Costa Rica equivalent]
- Expertise in the following areas: financial reporting, audit, forecasting, analysis.
- Ability to develop and implement robust financial processes to drive effective decision making
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, good judgment, prioritize projects, time effectively and meet deadlines
- Requires a commitment to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch and develop capabilities.
- Requires demonstrated ability to problem solve, think critically, and recognize discrepancies and anomalies through analysis.
- Knowledge of PROCOMER regulations.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of ethics
- English 70%
- A four-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in Accounting or Finance.
- External audit experience in one of the largest international accounting firms (at least 3 years) preferred
- Expert level Excel skills including use of Pivot tables and V-Lookups
- Experience on American companies and or on working on the USA preferred
MBA with focus on Finance preferred