When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Doe & Ingalls, a Thermo Fisher Scientific brand, provides supply chain services and chemical raw materials to life science companies, with an emphasis on bio manufacturing. Our clients range in size from start-ups researching the next life-saving medicines to major commercial manufacturers. The Key Accounts Manager – Mid Atlantic – Chemical Production, will manage and grow existing accounts with manufacturers by selling process chemicals and associated chemical management services following cGMP standards. The ideal candidate should reside in the Mid-Atlantic region with a preference for Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey or PA and work from a home office.
- Manage relationships with key strategic manufacturers in the pharmaceutical, medical device and biopharma industry offering process materials, cGMP compliant raw materials and excipients, and associated chemical management services.
- Develop new business opportunities at Program accounts and work in a team environment with a strong interface with internal selling teams within Thermo Fisher, including Corporate Account Vice Presidents, Industry Vice Presidents, and Industry Directors.
- Manage select key global accounts within North America that universally strategic for Thermo Fisher and the Production Chemical Channel and typically have global reach
- Build customer relationships that enhance our position and profitability and demonstrate an ability to maintain and grow senior-level customer relationships across multiple customer functional areas such as Procurement, Production, Clinical Research, Facilities, QA and QC, Materials Management, Warehouse Services, and Pilot Production.
- Identify business opportunities in Program customers consistent with our strategic goals and supplier portfolios
- Responsible for financial profitability and all related pro forma activities that both enhance growth for PCC as well as compliment corporate activities
- Ability to lead and execute on Corporate Supply Agreements as well as strategic Service Agreements.
- Help identify new products, services, and vendors to expand our current product portfolio
- Responsible for production chemical development activities including account strategy execution and management, ongoing communication of value proposition and value added programs and services, resource coordination, price management, initiation of RFP responses, where applicable, and achievement of forecasted profitable growth. Manages multiple segment-specific customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate specialty (preference for Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Engineering or Life Sciences).
- 6 + years of proven business development, sales and closing experience specific to the biotech and pharma industry segment with focus on LAMP (large account management programs)
- Demonstrated year over year sales success in territory
- A strong understanding of chemistry and the Life Science industry to be able to serve as a resource for our clients and effectively present information to engineers, managers and purchasing agents/managers
- Experience selling to higher level leadership (Director, VP, C-Suite)
- Successful management of large accounts and successful broadening of account base in target markets
- Self-motivated individual who is results oriented and customer focused
- Has demonstrated leadership and the ability to solve problems at multiple levels of complexity.
- Presentation skills to convey technical information to small and large groups.
- A strong understanding of the Life Science industry in order to be able to serve as a resource for our clients and effectively present information to engineers, managers and purchasing agents/managers.
- Demonstrates the ability to negotiate with persuasion and influence.
- Demonstrate key project management skills and ability to work in consultative team approach with multiple key elements in order to bring projects to completion (Thermo Fisher, Streamline Manager, Sales Manager, PCC internal resources, raw material vendors, and key client personnel)
• MBA or relevant advanced degree
• 10+ Years of proven business development specific to the biotech and pharma industry
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.