When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the Sales Specialist, Affinity Consumables you will be responsible for achieving budgetary targets of the MSIA (Mass Spectrometry Immunoassay) consumable product line and supporting the tools portfolio of the Laboratory Consumable Division and for providing field level expertise to Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial teams and customers. By working in collaboration with the CMD (Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry) and the LPG commercial organizations this individual must design, implement, and execute short and long-term key account strategies that will result in territory growth. Being goal-oriented, proactive, organized, combined with a solid understanding of the science and applications related to the LCD Affinity Consumable portfolio is essential for success.
- Execute assigned product line specific goals aligned with business unit, division and corporate goal tree.
- Provides detailed support to the necessary commercial organizations and to customers related to MSIA and MSIA workflows.
- Develop a key account level business plan for the MSIA portfolio and manage the successful implementation, communication and execution of such within assigned geographical territory.
- Develop and submit key account level monthly report detailing progress in achieving business plan.
- Supports the annual Affinity & Automation Consumable (A&AC) business segment strategic planning process (development and execution).
- Develop and grow MSIA sales in the assigned territory based on set targets.
- Interact at a strategic level with the Business Director A&AC, Product & Business Development Managers and R&D staff on key business issues to address customer and market needs.
- Interact with CMD, and other TMO divisions, as well as the LPG commercial organization, to ensure effective commercial strategies are in place and are in alignment with the needs of the customer.
- Work with Thermo Fisher Scientific Corporate Account Managers to support the development of existing and new corporate accounts.
- Visits customers regularly to promote strategic relationships and to identify new business opportunities.
- Regularly communicates the status of MSIA business and current market condition to the LHC and LCD Leadership Team.
- Develop relationships at senior levels within key accounts to advance the MSIA portfolio and create account leverage across the breadth of the portfolio
- Conduct regular business updates to key stakeholders within client company and within Thermo Fisher
- Provide routine feedback related to technology and customers needs that would be important for new product development.
- North American travel primarily up to approximately 50%.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in science degree in: chemistry, biochemistry preferred
- Strong analytical skills including basic financial training
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to think independently
- Proven track record of successful capture of increasing business from key account in private sector
- 3-5 of proven successful sales and commercial experience in customer facing roles
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, high-value accounts in a matrix environment
- A strong team player with proven ability to coordinate activities and influence actions across a team of resources not directly reporting
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement (The Four I’s)
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com