As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
Manufacturing Engineer / Tuotantoinsinööri
We are now seeking a Manufacturing Engineer / Tuotantoinsinööri to join our Operations organization for microbiology business in Vantaa, Finland.
You will be working in an exciting global project to introduce a new instrument and to develop our Vantaa Operations as a center of excellence for IVD instruments. On a long term you will be supporting the manufacturing in Vantaa and subcontractors globally.
We are looking for an active, project work oriented person who can work independently but also in good co-operation with diverse individuals and comfortably navigate between R&D engineering, QARA and manufacturing organizations. Our international working environment, fast paced working rhythm and sometimes rapidly changing operational environment require flexibility, understanding of big picture and continuous learning.
We want a person with strong problem-solving, communications and leadership skills with background in manufacturing engineering, mechanics or relevant field. The selected candidate will be an integral part ensuring manufacturing support and productivity of new as well as existing products.
- Develop assembly processes
- Design/support development of in-process testing
- Design and build/purchase equipment needed in testing
- Document plans, processes, tools, equipment and reports
- Execute process validation
- Participate assembling and testing of proto products
- Offer technical support for Vantaa manufacturing and for subcontractors manufacturing subassemblies, typically in co-operation with R&D
Experience / Qualification:
- Several years work experience in manufacturing engineering support or similar role
- Experience in setting up manufacturing line and in process validation
- Experience in implementing technical equipments to manufacturing process
- Experience in documenting and reporting
- Experience in working in projects
- Knowledge of versatile manufacturing and testing technologies/methods preferred
- Knowledge of testing as well as test designing preferred
- Bachelor or Masters degree in mechanical, automation, manufacturing engineering or equivalent field
- Good communication skills in spoken and written Finnish and English
Additionally we value:
- Knowledge of FDA/In Vitro regulated diagnostic products manufacturing and related authority requirements
- Experience in use of PDM and/or ERP system
- Experience in use of CAD tools (Solid works preferred) and/or MS Office tools
- Knowledge of methods, devices and softwares of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference 51589BR
Please apply by 15th of August, 2017.
Should you have any questions, please contact Operations Project Manager Riitta Karvo at +358 400 420 374 on 3rd of Aug 2017 2–3 pm or 8th of Aug 2017 11–12 am.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.