When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Manager Global, Supply Chain has responsibility for sourcing and procurement activities for the EPM Franklin site as well as leading the sourcing and procurement strategies across the global business unit. The Senior Manager, Global Supply Chain will operate utilizing Lean, quality-focused metrics and approaches that meet or exceed business objectives.
- Manage the Franklin site’s sourcing activities. Additionally, drive collaboration across the business unit globally to deliver the total business unit net sourcing savings, payables, terms and low cost region strategies.
- Lead and own the process for driving the global SIOP activities and total business unit inventory commitment.
- Manage local team in the areas of sourcing, buying/ planning.
- Lead the supplier approval process collaborating with engineering, quality assurance and manufacturing.
- Develop Annual Operating Plan (AOP) plan and tracks progress using the Sourcing Site Book Tools (includes; scorecard, procurement metrics, detail sourcing plan, LCR entitlement and inflation templates).
- Identify opportunities and drives Lean replenishment processes with suppliers i.e. vendor owned and managed inventory, consignment and/or demand pull.
- Perform detailed cost analysis to find best cost based on business variables.
- Effectively utilize the Total Cost of Ownership model to guide sourcing decisions.
- Negotiate and manage legal and commercial contracts including inventory management with appropriate legal review.
- Responsible for corporate regulatory compliance and risk management application through the contracting process.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities available by employing techniques of price/cost analysis, negotiations, strategic sourcing and value engineering.
- Work cross functionally with other departments such as Engineering, Quality, Production, Sales, Customer Service and Accounting in order to meet the needs within the company.
- Participate with Corporate and Divisional resources in commodity strategy development and apply the strategy to the supplier selection process.
- Act as the single point of contact for a work cell in China to monitor and measure production output, performance to plan, inventory levels, and sourcing savings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business or Technical Field.
- Minimum 7 years Purchasing/Sourcing experience.
- Leadership/Management experience.
- Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization. Knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Experience with lean manufacturing business systems that include kanban and Vendor Owned and Managed Inventory (VOMI) programs.
- ISM or APICS certification.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.