When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for supporting the transactional activities related to the management of the supplier. Such activities include expediting open orders, completing cost variances, rectifying shipment discrepancies, resolving non catalog item cost variances and updating costs. Purchasing Coordinator will have responsibility for purchase order placement, handling all inquiries related to these products, and following up with supply base to assure delivery expectations are met.
- Responsible for reviewing and releasing customer direct ship orders and non-catalog orders for assigned suppliers.
- Primary contact to the customer service team and facilities/distribution team to fulfill customer needs.
- Following up and resolving supplier generated requests and inquiries to ensure a continuous supply chain.
- Purchase Orders Reconciliation – Review and process files and follow up with supplier for missing information.
- Lead Times – Responsible for reaching out and following up with supplier to ensure lead time files are returned and processed for system updates.
- Cost Variance - Process all orders with cost variance discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Dead, Dying Excess- responsible for reaching out and following up with supplier to ensure return files are received and processed.
- Receiving discrepancies – works with DC team and vendor to resolve receiving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Expedites past due purchase orders and works backlog reports to obtain current shipping information.
- Super Stock DQA past due not invoiced - Obtain shipping information (estimated receipt date and quantities) for top DQA items.
- Top Items impacting service with past due not invoiced - Obtain shipping information (estimated receipt date and quantities) for top items impacting service performance.
- Address “On Order No BO report” with supplier and have orders closed to reduce dead inventory risk.
- Reviews, processes and handles all inquiries for direct ship and non-catalog purchases in accordance with supplier policies.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with Supplier Performance Analyst while being able to escalate issues that do not involve transactional resolution (process changes, long term issues, etc).
- Address all adhoc requests regarding order issues in a timely manner.
- 1+ years Purchasing, Customer Service, or related experience.
- High School Diploma.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outloo
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- College degree preferred.
- Flexible with demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Sense of priority and urgency.
- Extremely Organized.
- Looks at change in a positive manner.
- Promotes good attitude and teamwork.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.