When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Inventory Control Coordinator II activities will include the inventory management aspect of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s core offerings such as: conducting daily cycle count, root cause analysis, and inventory reconciliation. This position will regularly utilize our SAP system and applications in support of various inventory/chemical management, as well as Microsoft Office suite of programs. The tools that will be employed would include various scanners and desktop computers. Internal customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have a basic understanding of the performance metrics applicable to site specific activities.
- Follows well-defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s and other work instructions
- Takes direction from Site Supervisor and Management regarding daily duties
- Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to prioritize and meet daily requirements
- Analyzes, maintains and reconciles various inventory locations and reports to ensure accuracy level and company requirements are met
- Communicates with supervisor any issues or potential problems
- Extracts data and prepares various reports pertinent to Inventory Control
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team
- Listens to internal customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
- Utilizes systems or performs the functions that support various inventory and chemical management programs
- Accesses and utilizes Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system
- Makes on-site program replenishments and disbursements
- Performs stockroom duties to include: inventory counts, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to TDX requirements
- Covers for outbound shipment verifications from time to time
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Maintains Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 4i Values
This position is primarily focused on the inventory management aspects of Supply Chain at our Transplant Diagnostics (TDX) business unit in Canoga Park, CA.
- High school diploma
- Two (2) years of progressive relevant experience
- Possess basic knowledge of Supply Chain and Inventory Control
- Strong desire to serve all internal customers and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel
- Operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to extract and utilize MRP/ ERP data as necessary
- Strong organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team
- Proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel
- Valid driver’s license and be able and willing to drive a forklift as necessary
- Ability to read, write and communicate clearly with all levels of organization
- Works primarily at site locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
- Extensive walking and counting inside the waling freezers may be required
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Must be able to work overtime if needed
- Any college education or certificates
This position is not currently budgeted for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.