Job ID :
Norway - Lillestrom
Scientist R&D, Analytical Chemistry.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Do you want to be a part of a company known to be a fast paced global leader in serving science? Do you want to apply your chemistry knowledge and scientific skills to develop solutions that will potentially impact the lives of someone you know? If so, you could be the person we're looking for.
The R&D group in Lillestrøm consists of 20 chemists working in the fields of polymer and organic chemistry. The group specializes on development of magnetic Dynabeads for the use in isolation of biomolecules. This position will give you the chance to combine exploration of new analytical techniques in parallel with method development in R&D to link magnetic bead chemistry to the biological use of beads in molecular and immunodiagnostic assays. We are looking for someone that would be both an adviser for the synthetic chemist in the lab and being hands on in the lab.
- Development of analytical methods in product development projects and for later use in the QC department.
- Be the technical expert and resource person in R&D covering a broad range of different methods to be used by QC of new products. The methods would cover wet chemistry, physical methods, chromatographic techniques and magnetic characterization.
- Be a driver for exploring new analytical techniques for better characterization of our magnetic beads.
- In collaboration with our service engineer take responsibility for analytical instruments in R&D.
- Maintain high level of quality through thorough documentation
- MSc or PhD with more than 3 years industrial experience in relevant analytical methods.
- Knowledge of both physical and wet chemistry methods linked to polymer and solid phase chemistry would be an advantage.
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Structured and self-driven
- Fluent in a Scandinavian language, as well as strong English skills
What we can offer:
- A career in a global company certified as a Great Place to Work
- Opportunity to work with the best teams in the industry, ranging from international top level scientists to cutting edge process- and production teams and highly creative business- and marketing teams
- A career in an international company with a global impact
- The ability to take part of exciting projects to improve human condition
- Development through continuous learning and developing skills and abilities
- Cooperation with colleagues and teams across business areas
- An inclusive and innovative working environment highly characterized by pride
- Great insurance and pension schemes, as well as several additional benefits such as company cabins and training with a personal training during working hours
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 44771BR
Application deadline is August 20th, 2017.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Victoria Hicks Mørkved, Sr. Manager Talent Acquisition Nordics: email@example.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.