When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $19 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Portable Analytical Instruments, a business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the leader in handheld XRF, Raman, and Infrared devices that enable precise material identification and characterization across a wide variety of end markets. It is the product of three acquisitions over the past decade and brings together a product portfolio with leading market positions globally. The business is currently recruiting for a Lead Software Quality Assurance Engineer
• Lead testing programs, including test strategy, test planning and schedules, requirement traceability, and testing oversight.
• Work with Product Management, Operations, Quality Organization and the Software Team to understand requirements and translate into written test plans, detailed test cases and test plan reviews.
• Work with local and offshore teams to:
- Test new releases and features, via manual/automated testing techniques, for portable analytical instruments, companion software and web services, validating functionality, reliability and performance.
- Write automation tests to deliver automated testing suites for legacy and new products.
• Use metrics for measurement and reporting results and progress.
• Stay current researching new testing technologies and proposing/executing new solutions for our products.
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years of SQA or System Test experience.
• Energetic personality with excellent communication and leadership skills, ability to work with remote teams.
• Experience with software development lifecycle processes, SDLC.
• Experience with testing embedded scientific or medical analytical instruments, on Linux written in Qt/Qml (preferred).
• Strong knowledge in understanding system functional requirements, test case development, test execution, defect reporting and verification
• BS, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
• Test automation, scripting experience; specifically Squish for QT/QML.
• Experience with the following tools: Jira, Confluence, Squish and Test Rail.
• Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) Experience.
• Familiarity with TeamCity and Git, is a plus
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.