Job ID :
- Negotiates and generates purchase orders for approved purchase requisitions, and production materials per MRP.
- Reviews and resolves daily internal purchasing problems and shortages within his/her commodity, and ensures communication to cross functional teams.
- Reschedule Purchase Orders as required.
- Supports major cost reduction programs.
- Returns discrepant inventory items to vendors within his/her commodity.
- Resolves discrepant invoice issues in a timely manner.
- Confers with suppliers concerning late, on-time and early deliveries.
- Participates in supplier performance reviews within his/her commodity.
- Reviews stocking levels for consumables per MRP and releases production work orders in various lot sizes.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and smell. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Purchasing certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to use a PC with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to perform data entry into an ERP system such as Oracle.
- Well organized and must have good communication skills.
Interaction with Other Employees (level of contact, purpose and frequency)
- Regularly interfaces with Production leads and Supervisors, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Customer Service, Demand Planning, R&D Engineering, Accounts Payable and Document Services.
- Occasionally interacts with Marketing/Sales, and Finance.
- Builds stable working relationships internally.