When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Receives incoming customer calls through the Technical Support hotline and Technical Support email address.
- Evaluates U.S. and International customer complaints and provides all relevant information to the Technical Support Quality Specialist Medical Technologist and/or Product Support Representative to resolve complaints concerning products manufactured at the Middletown facility.
- In accordance with department SOP’s, records and reports the information concerning customer complaints or inquiries, ensuring that adequate information is obtained from the customers, and assists the Quality Specialist Medical Technologist in providing answers and reports to all parties concerned to resolve the complaints.
- Assists the Quality Specialist Medical Technologist with coordinating and evaluating customer complaints leading to providing technical support concerning products manufactured at the Middletown facility.
- Assists the Quality Specialist Medical Technologist with conducting preliminary investigation to confirm received complaints, including review of retain samples, batch records, complaint and regulatory agency databases.
- Receives Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCARs) from customers and tracks within Middletown systems. Initiates/Assigns root cause and corrective action investigations. Monitors completion of corrective action and assists with and/or provides timely responses and documentation to customer SCAR processes, as directed.
- Gather information to assist the Quality Specialist Medical Technologist guide to resolution specific technical issues with customers worldwide involving diagnostic reagents and biologicals from all reagents manufactured at the facility.
- Assists with ensuring that timely, complete investigations concerning customers’ technical issues are carried out.
- Uses investigative techniques and experience to assist in resolving unique and difficult technical problems involved in a customer complaint, and or product inquiries.
- Assists in recording and reporting laboratory information concerning customer complaints or inquiries, ensuring that adequate answers and reports are provided to all parties concerned.
- Assists with providing metrics and/or summary input for management review, strategic account and customer business reviews. Participates in audits as subject matter expert.
- Assists with pursuing investigation of the reasons for specific product deficiencies involved in the complaint and recommends actions and/or programs that will prevent reoccurrence of the problem.
- Assists with reporting complaint details to the organization and tier boards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required, Associate’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years Clinical Diagnostics industry experience preferred or an equivalent combination of education, experience and/or licensure/certification. Customer service, customer facing, call service experience is a plus.
- Experience working in a clinical laboratory and have technical experience.
- Normal office/laboratory environment.
- Position may require frequent communication and walking to other areas in which designated PPE will be required.
- Position will require sitting and standing.
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and phone calls simultaneously with strict attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of FDA, GMP and ISO standards.
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems and quickly resolve issues and handle critical situations.
- Must be able to follow SOPs and CAPA systems.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal, are critical.
- Ability to analyze data and processes in order to determine root cause of complaints.
- Phone skills required for communicating to end customers on a daily basis.
- Must be willing to work scheduled shifts.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff internally and externally.
- Must demonstrate good safety and quality practices.
This position is not approved for relocation benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.