· Audit & develop new suppliers for the biological, chemical and plastic supplier
· Assist in the implementation and monitoring of advanced product quality planning with selected suppliers
· Ensure supplier understanding of product, engineering specification, quality, program timing and submission requirements
· Review and approve supplier quality plans on new part programs
· Review and assure supplier set up robust manufacturing processes and quality systems
· Implement and monitor the part qualification and certification process with suppliers
· Determine cause of supplier quality problems and coordinate/implement effective and timely resolutions.
· Assure supplier process control planning. Determine part critical characteristics and required process controls
· Assure tier 1 supplier has good controls on sub-tier suppliers
· Approve supplier production trial run, part dimension measurement, material and functional tests, process capability studies, and PPAP submission
· Process Control Plan Evaluation and Audit
· Continuously improve quality performance of suppliers by conducting workshops at supplier locations, providing technical assistance in developing a quality system, or other technical support as required
· Quality and delivery performance monitoring, communication, risk identification and escalation to drive correction before impacting TCO.
· Maintain required documentation and files as per requirements
· Implement and monitor supplier metrics
· Other tasks assigned by manager