- Manufacture Custom Primers for use in the biotech industry that is scientific in nature by following established protocols and instructions. Operate semi-automated and automated basic lab equipment. Follow established protocols, instructions, scheduled tasks and activities independently.
- Perform in-process testing to assure batches meet specification. With the assistance of others, trouble shoot processes, procedures and product issues.
- Balance multiple tasks and prioritize critical tasks. Demonstrate knowledge in the use of basic lab techniques and basic computer knowledge. Demonstrate the ability to meet standards as defined by the manufacturing process.
- Follow established procedures as defined by training and SOPs. Seek advice from available resources at times of uncertainty.
- Thoroughly and accurately complete documentation (complete BR, get necessary verifications, document problems, bring deviations to the attention of the Team Leader/Supervisors). Identify and communicate errors in documentation.
- Update various Production/QC reports and spreadsheets. Move paperwork to proper location after completion of an operation. Demonstrate the familiarity with our work processes and proficiency with those processes related to your assigned work center.
- Demonstrate good time management resulting in efficiency.
- Support cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures, improving capacity and using supplies wisely. Reduce work in process, queues and cycle times.
- Inform appropriate people about problems/questions; be prepared to discuss problems/questions clearly. Work in a safe manner. Work with team members to overcome obstacles. Collaborate, support and consult with other team members as necessary. Give and receive constructive criticism.
- Support Department objectives/metrics.
- Strong work ethic.
- Positive attitude.
- Good listening skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative to assist others.
- Ability to take initiative to suggest new procedures.
- Must be able to multitask and be able to work in 2 areas of the Custom Primers Laboratory.
Degree in biology, chemistry, or equivalent field with relevant experience; or bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, or equivalent field. However will consider outstanding internal or external candidates without degree qualifications.
Previous laboratory or manufacturing experienced preferred. Will also consider outstanding candidates without science based experience.
Has contact with equivalent levels of company employees and external vendors.
Works in a team based laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 20 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work overtime and be flexibile as job consists of shift work.