The Analyst, Global Strategic Pricing will support revenue and operating income goals thru price attainment for the Life Sciences organization within Thermo Fisher Scientific. Establish price standards, strategies, and performance. Build organizational capabilities, and communicates key pricing insights and recommendations to Leadership and other relevant stakeholders.
- Identify, validate, and quantify new pricing improvement opportunities across the entire product and service portfolio. Maintain a pipeline of near-, mid-, and long-term opportunities. Track and manage the progress toward substantiating the improvement opportunities in the pipeline
- Maintain strong communication with Business Analytics, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Commercial teams
- Regularly articulate and reinforce pricing strategies throughout the organization
- Provide subject matter expertise to sales teams on pricing strategy and implementation Develop and drive data-driven pricing guidelines/tools for business units
- Provide analysis and technical support for pricing initiatives that include setting list prices, determine customer specific discounts and identify product conversion opportunities
- Support new product introduction price positioning optimizing price and value. Work closely with marketing, product management and finance teams to determine optimal launch price
- Perform ad hoc data analysis for business units around customer, products and vendors dynamics
- Develop tools in SQL and excel to help guide sales team in setting strategic prices in the market, implement pricing improvement programs, and track financial impact
- Identify, validate, and execute opportunities for sales performance improvements
- Prepare executive-level reports of findings and opportunities increase price attainment in the businesses
- Support the development and refinement of tools, policies, and procedures that enhance existing performance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A passion for understanding pricing strategies and execution methodologies in a manufacturing and/or distribution business
- Ability to work cross-functionally and effectively influence and partner. Must relate well to all kinds of people, listens and builds constructive relationships, uses diplomacy and tact. Shows creativity and innovation in presenting ideas
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Detail oriented, organized and analytical. Has the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to drive projects and activities to successful conclusion, operating with a high sense of urgency
- Excellent analytical capabilities including SQL, Excel and relational database skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and statistical problem solving skills, including data handling and relational database programming
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in business, operations, mathematics, economics or a scientific field. An advanced degree in business or science is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in related field
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently with broad general guidance against a framework of defined business objectives
- Prior experience working in large corporate environment or a diversified, complex organization is preferred. Candidates should be comfortable operating within a matrix structure.
- Strong intellect, drive, and communication skills
- Ability to travel (~10%)