Job Title: Sr Applications Specialist – GC, GC/MS
Department: Sales – Centers of Excellence (CoE)
Reporting Relationship: Applications Support Manager, CoE
Location: The position will be based in the Somerset NJ area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform qualified hardware and software product demonstrations with GC and GC/MS High Resolution/Accurate Mass instruments to help sales professionals obtain orders. Maintain assigned demonstration equipment in top operational condition.
- Coordinate the delivery of both pre and post sales application support for markets targeted by both the field and factory business operations.
- Team with individual sales professionals to identify and nurture new or target accounts, departments, key influencers according as required per sales plans.
- Attendance and participation at select trade shows and technical conferences.
- Other duties as required
Specific Scope Data
- Support up to 65 field sales reps for North America and Canada
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- BS degree in Chemistry or relevant science discipline (required)
- MS or Ph.D. degree in Chemistry or relevant science discipline (desired)
- Prior experience providing pre-sales support and customer post sales support is a plus.
- Extensive operational experience in GC and GC/MS systems (required)
- Practical experience with Ion Trap, Single Quadrupole, Triple Quadrupole and High Resolution Accurate Mass Spectrometry
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- A comprehensive understanding of the theory and practice of GC, GC/MS
- Prior experience working for an analytical instruments/system manufacturer a plus
- Authored technical papers with acceptance of all or some for placement in refereed publications
- Flexibility to travel 50% of the time
- Prior experience in preparing and delivering technical papers or seminars
- Strong oral (public speaking) and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Broad operational familiarity with personal computers, Microsoft Windows environment, MS Office (2007, 2010), and scientific software
- Proven ability to successfully work independently