When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Test and certify assemblies to meet quality standards
- Prepare tested assemblies for customer
- Includes assembly testing, pre-testing, and final testing
- Perform inspection of raw materials and products to ensure acceptability
- Process repairs on assemblies within a specified lead-time
- Assist in troubleshooting and testing process/products
- Perform inquiry screens on computer system
- Ability to cross train into different product line cells
- Provide data for managerial reports
- Projects and other duties as assigned
- Two year associate degree in electronics or similar field preferred
- Related course work or work experience can be considered in place of education
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Proficient with basic test equipment/processes used in department
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good attention to detail, organizational and follow up skills
- Follow directions and written procedures (Manufacturing Details and Standard Operating Procedures)
- Ability to work independently with assistance
- Ability to read product specifications or other relevant documentation
- Ability to take ownership for general processes/products
- Ability to achieve standard run times in 6 – 12 months
- Basic understanding of the Manufacturing Work Order and Inventory Control Systems
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Physical activities: Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, repetitive motions, crawling and reading.
- Level of physical requirements: Medium Work. May require exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 25 pounds of force frequently and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Level of visual acuity: Inspection and close assembly.
- Working conditions: Activities occur inside, hazards and atmospheric conditions, required to wear respirator at times when conditions warrant.
- Equipment/Tools: Personal computer, hand tools.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status