About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Group/Division: Unity Lab Services
Position Location:Tuscany, Milan or Bologna
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Responsible to deliver all Service activities (which might include: Installation including related customer introduction, Repairs, Maintenance Services, Validation Services, Depot Repair, Hot Lines etc..) for achieving:
- Satisfied customer becoming loyal customers
- Highest first time fix rates / lowest mean time to repair
- Lowest repeated call rates Contributes to the overall Service Targets with respect to Bookings, Revenues, Service Profit and Overhead Cost while following all internal rules, processes and practices (as they are described)
- Performs all Service Activities in line with internal rules and customer regulations
- Assure responsive telephone support and diagnostic as well as on-site Services to exceed the customers expectation and making them successful by using TMO instruments
- Actively promote our contract products. (80%)
- Always ensure highest professional relationship with our customer base to achieve customer loyalty and escalate issues if necessary to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible.
- Follow our ethical business conduct guidance.
- Professional engineering background in Electronics/Chemistry/Engineering
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to work across all levels, functions and regions
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- Excellent inter-personal, self-motivational and negotiating skills
- PC skills
- Driving License
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region but frequently as well through Europe/European Territory.
- For training or special calls, international traveling including all EMEA Territory and the US is required.
- Good English skills, both verbal and written
- 50% Travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job.They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.