The person in this position will provide supervision and leadership to the Accounts Payable (AP) Department. The person will ensure accuracy, compliancy, and timeliness of supplier payments. The person will provide problem solving skills and successfully handle supplier issues and concerns. The person will accurately and timely manage Sales and Use Tax reporting, filings and audits. Ensure that all transactions are in adherence to Site policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Supervise the AP staff of four employees including performance management, time and attendance, and employee issues
- Responsible for processing and distributing payments in a timely manner per corporate payment terms
- Ensure adherence to Corporate policies and procedures and AP related internal controls as well as establishing and maintaining Site AP policies and procedures and confirming alignment with Corporate guidance
- Ensure invoices are handled accurately and in compliance with approval authority matrix
- Maintain the supplier master data
- Responsible for resolving system differences that are occur (i.e. price, quantity differences) and working with relevant department to resolve
- Reconcile and prepare account reconciliations related to AP
- Estimate accurate and complete AP related accruals
- Responsible for running Sales and Use Tax (SUT) reports for monthly, quarterly, and annual filings that are administered by third party, liaison during SUT audits, and complete other miscellaneous filings (i.e. business licensures)
- Accountable for clearing account payments and not allowing AP to age inappropriately
- Prepare and monitor metrics as it relates to AP
- Provide positive customer service to suppliers and other internal departments while handling their issues and/or concerns
- Actively participate in PPI profit improvement teams both within AP and with cross functional teams within the site
- Maintain and establish 1099 files for applicable suppliers
- Help with General Ledger Entries related to Month End Close activities.