Thermo Fisher Scientific are currently recruiting for a Field Applications Specialist (FAS), German speaking to be based in Central Europe, ideally Germany (other European locations would be considered) supporting customers throughout EMEA.
- Ensure optimal utilization of appropriate Single-Use Systems technologies, products and services within the Customers’ manufacturing processes and applications (i.e. BioProcess Containers (BPC’s), Single Use Systems equipment, product and process optimization and scale-up).
- Support the Commercial Sales Team to ensure that the Customer achieves its goals in terms of meeting business and financial objectives
- Provide strategic and in-depth scientific and technical support in relation to Single-Use Systems solutions for the marketplace, ensuring our customers’ needs are met and matched to our capabilities.
- Primarily interfaces between the Commercial Sales Organization (Account Managers), the internal source base within the Company, possible third party partners/suppliers and the end-user/Customer.
- Supporting and enhancing sales processes & enhancing market efforts by:
- Acting as primary field technical interface between the Sales team and the Customer focused on Single-Use products (BPCs, Single-Use Bioreactors and Mixer systems) and equipment services to clients
- Providing effective value-added solutions on design and development, consultation, technical support, and troubleshooting of Single-Use systems
- Providing & delivering high calibre technical presentations that complement Commercial Sales activities
- Leading technical product specification & application discussions with clients & prospective prospects
- Assisting with customer surveys, inquiries, User Requirements Specifications (URS) and product briefs; conducting process mapping activities, collaborating & making recommendations to clients on potential process improvements through utilization of Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ technologies & concepts
- Utilizing inter-company experts and resources to recommend technical applications and process development studies
- Recommending how products & business systems can be improved
- Informing Marketing and Product Management of new technologies that could complement the existing range from the perspective of identified customer needs
- Providing the necessary voice of the customer (VOC) to the appropriate levels within Product Management for all products and services
- Sustained evaluation and awareness of competitor activities & innovations within the marketplace in general & ensuring that relevant information is circulated within the organization
- Providing effective training activities & workshops on the application & capabilities of Single-Use products and systems.
- Supporting Commercial Sales activities in providing customer technical support and product troubleshooting
- Assist with customer complaints and investigation activities by providing necessary technical data and feedback to Sales Support, Product Management, Quality Assurance, Engineering and R&D as appropriate
- Leading on all aspects of qualification/validation studies & programs initiated with the clients in collaboration with internal functional groups, as may be applicable
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time in the EMEA region and operate from a home-base
- B.Sc. (or equivalent) in a life science or related field
- Experience working within the Biotech, Biologics, Life Sciences, and/or Biopharmaceutical industries in a technical, engineering, or manufacturing capacity and ideally with experience using Single-Use products and systems.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills with fluency in German and English language
- Good understanding of processes and applications used within the Biopharmaceutical, Biotech, human and animal vaccine industries
- Comprehensive understanding with proven operational and technical experience utilizing BioProcess containers and Single-Use systems within the industry
- Comprehensive knowledge & understanding of cGMP & other regulatory guidelines combined with applicable understanding of the business and financial aspects of the Biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry including the ability to apply that understanding in making sound business decisions
- Exceptional project management skills combined with the ability to work on multiple projects and multi-task effectively
- Excellent team-working skills; proven ability to work across professional & cross-functional teams
- Excellent computer skills including experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Project)